Friday, May 20, 2011

Patience

I am going to try to copy my friend Julie and write more about my feelings and days on here and not just updated on what we're doing. So today I am going to write about patience..or more specifically my lack of it. The past 16 weeks have been rough. I won't lie. Feels like I've been pregnant for about 8 months already instead of just 4. But I think I am moving away from the rougher feelings (at least I hope I am). So now comes the time when I must exhibit patience.

Let me start by saying that I have NEVER been a procrastinator. It drives me crazy to wait until the last minute. But we don't find out for another two weeks (hopefully) if Silver is a boy or girl. And it pushes my sanity limits that I have to wait even that long. BRAVO to all the parents who can make it the whole 9 months without finding out. I am too much of a planner to wait that long. Paul laughs at me because I have already been looking at paint colors for the baby's room and how I want the design to be. (I am not one to just paint the walls one color and stop. Remember Natalie's room?)

I am eager to either get Natalie's old clothes down and start washing them if it is a girl or start marking them as to sell or donate if it is a boy. I know it sounds crazy but I cannot imagine waiting to get everything ready and done. So, while Paul does research all summer and teaches in the fall, I will be organizing and decorating Silver's room so that when he/she gets here, I will have nothing to do but love him/her and take care of Natalie. So..my lesson in patience starts today.

1 comments:

Julie said...

AW, I love this!! So honest! I'll pray that these next 2 weeks will FLY BY for you... ;)
It will all come together. I can't wait to hear the gender. BTW I voted boy.

And I love the pregnant pic in the corner...