Friday, July 10, 2009

Week from Hell

So the last week has definitely been the most trying week of our lives. Natalie still has her double ear infection and ran a fever on July 4th. Was a little better on the 5th in terms of the fever. I left at 5am on the 6th for SC to close on the house. Long story short on that. I came home on Wednesday without closing on the house. Our mortgage company couldn't get their act together, despite telling me and our real estate agent last week that everything was good to go. And poor Natalie had a horribly upset stomach from all the antibiotics plus severe diaper rash. Her butt was purple when I got home on Wednesday from the rash. So every time Paul changed her (which was about 50 times due to her stomach) , she screamed for about 1/2 an hour afterwards. So they had a miserable time with both of them feeling poorly while I was gone.

So now the plan is my parents arrive here on the 16th to help. The movers come on the 20th to get all of our stuff. Nat and my parents are flying to TX on the 21st and Paul and I are driving to TX on the 21st. Paul and my Dad will drive to Atlanta on the 22nd and SC on the 23rd. Nat and I will fly to SC on the 23rd and we will close on the 24th. My dad will leave on the 25th. Paul's parents will arrive on the 26th and our furniture will be delivered sometime between the 27th and Aug 1. So ready for this all to be over and to own the house. WAY too much stress for me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I HATE MOVING!!! So sorry it's not going well...but more sorry that Natalie is feeling bad. Desitin goes on at EVERY change at our house and we never get a rash...also, I know this sounds strange but use the hairdryer to blow her butt for a bit after each change and just before you put on the desitin (not the Desitin Creamy, use the real stuff). The rash will be gone before you know it. The doc. told me that letting them 'air out' like that works wonders...even better than going without the diaper...and a LOT less messy! Hope that helps prevent more rashes...enough advice from me!!! Good luck with the move!
Keri

Katy Lane said...

I hope Natalie is feeling better!! What a bad week for all of you. How frustrating that you had to go all the way to SC for nothing but glad that things will still work out in the end... just a LOT less hectic! =\