Saturday, August 1, 2009

Progress

We have made a lot of progress in a week. We've finished painting Natalie's room and I am now working on doing the polka-dot transfers on the wall. It's going to take a while and I had to order more but I will try to post up pictures of it soon. I will probably have one wall done this weekend. Our bedroom is painted and we installed a new fan/light fixture. Unfortunately, the light part broke so we are awaiting a new part for it. Our furniture arrived on Wednesday and almost all of the boxes are emptied. I just can't stand to have the boxes sitting around. Paul's mom helped me a ton to get all the boxes emptied. Our washer and dryer arrived on Thursday. Can't even begin to tell you how excited I am to have a washer/dryer in the house instead of the garage. And they are AWESOME!!! Our entertainment center arrives today so we will have all of our furniture and deliveries done. We still have to find a dresser for Natalie though.

The biggest challenge has been our bathroom. We painted it early in the week and then Paul and his dad begin removing the 29" cabinets so we can raise the sinks in the bathroom. Unfortunately, the person who installed the countertop (which was one 8 foot piece) did so with liquid nails so when they tried to remove it, it cracked. We then had to find new cabinets and new countertops. It turned into a journey of me going to 3 different Lowes to get all the pieces. That is all now installed. The only things left to do are hanging the curtain over the window and the towel bar. Unfortunately, whoever installed the previous towel bar cut 2 big holes in the wall so we have to repair that first.

Well, fussy Natalie so I gotta run. Will update with pictures soon.

0 comments: