Monday, June 21, 2010

Potty Training..Day 3


So..I don't think I totally believe that a child can be completely potty trained in three days. We've spent three LONG days at the house. Natalie had fewer accidents today but still isn't really telling us when she needs to go or doing everything she needs to do in the potty. I got out of the house for a little while this morning and got my haircut and went to the grocery store. We also managed to go out for some fast-food for dinner..all three of us! And no accidents. But I don't feel confident enough to send Natalie back to school tomorrow. So we will try another day at home and then try school on Wednesday. I really don't want to put her in Pull-Ups and we will DEFINITELY NOT be going back to diapers..even though she asked for them a few times today. So I am feeling a bit discouraged but after some wonderful comments by friends who have gone through this recently, I am not feeling alone!
We did do some fun things today. Paul and Natalie played lots of Nintendo again. But we also used watercolor paints for the first time and played with Play-Doh. We also did more stickers and watched the Pixar short films and read lots of books. Today we got a special prize of a book with 700 Thomas the Tank Engine stickers. We didn't take a whole lot of pictures today, but here are a few!

Oh no! Here we go again!!!!

Today's prize: A Thomas book!

That's a lotta stickers!

We're still learning not to eat the Play-Doh

She started out just with the water but then figured it out!

Yay! Mommy's home!

Playing Thomas trains

Hey...I thought this potty training was going to be easy!

0 comments: